cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress email notification?

bert_geiger
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi folks,

enabling a mailbox means a message is sent to the owner. Has anybody tried to suppress that message yet?

As the default is the English version of that message, my idea is to rename either the message or the folder. I would greatly appreciate an easier solution; maybe a hidden registry key? Thanx in advance for any comment. Bert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hello Bert,

The article states:

To remove the message from being sent to new users: 
1. Navigate to the Enterprise Vault Directory to locate the <INSTALL_PATH>\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EnableMailBoxMessage.msg file. 
2. Move this file to another folder inside the directory or delete the file. 
Note:  This file should have a copy in the following location:   <INSTALL_PATH>\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Lang\Mailbox Messages\En\EnableMailBoxMessage.msg.   This is installed with the EV installation. 
3. New users will not receive the welcome message.

There is no setting anywhere. As long as that message file is NOT in the EV installation folder, it will not be send. As you can see in the languages folder (the last location), the messages are for each language called the same. If you want a German message, you can edit the MSG file in ..\lang\mailbox messages\de\enablemailboxmessage.msg, save that to the ..\program files\enterprise vault\ folder. (or program files (x86) folder), then it will be send. 

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Prone2Typos

I feel there is a policy setting for this but do not have an EV environment to confirm currently. IIRC, you can rename the message if you can deal with some events complaining about it on the Mailbox Archiving Task's EV server.

GertjanA

Hello all,

As far as I am aware, you can remove the message all together to stop it from being send. As for the languages, you should have a folder in the EV installation folder called ..\Lang\Mailbox Messages\, which has subfolders (like FR, DE, ES) with language specific MSG files. You can edit those if needed (to include a link to a manual for instance)

See https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100002191

Regards. Gertjan

bert_geiger

Thanks for the replies - I will test the renaming of the message; to be on the safe side the English one and the German version as well (the OS is German). As to a Policy seting: I checked MBX, Desktop and Provisioning Policies but couldn't find a fitting parameter (not even in the Advanced Tab).

Bert

GertjanA

Hello Bert,

The article states:

To remove the message from being sent to new users: 
1. Navigate to the Enterprise Vault Directory to locate the <INSTALL_PATH>\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\EnableMailBoxMessage.msg file. 
2. Move this file to another folder inside the directory or delete the file. 
Note:  This file should have a copy in the following location:   <INSTALL_PATH>\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Lang\Mailbox Messages\En\EnableMailBoxMessage.msg.   This is installed with the EV installation. 
3. New users will not receive the welcome message.

There is no setting anywhere. As long as that message file is NOT in the EV installation folder, it will not be send. As you can see in the languages folder (the last location), the messages are for each language called the same. If you want a German message, you can edit the MSG file in ..\lang\mailbox messages\de\enablemailboxmessage.msg, save that to the ..\program files\enterprise vault\ folder. (or program files (x86) folder), then it will be send. 

Regards. Gertjan

Titoine31

Hi,

Look in the installation folder of EV ... you must have an EnableMailboxMessage.msg, you can remove it or costom it ;)

And if you look in subfolder "Languages\Mailbox Messages" you have some other model in other languages ... you can choose a model, custom it and copy it in root folder of EV.

Antoine

GertjanA

Hi Bert,

If you have one of these entries as solution, can you mark it as such?

That way, other people having the same question can use it, and also this will stop unnecessary answers to it.

Thanks!

Regards. Gertjan