Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec 8.0 sp2 configuration wizard

Celtic
Level 5
Partner
Hi,
I am getting a weird one with configuration wizard. When I get to the part where I am asked for database location I fill in location and click next, but nothing happens just a momentarily egg timer no matter how many times I click next and no errors at all. I have tried different partitiions on the sql server and I have also verified I have write access to these partitions.
Anybody come across this before??
Thanks
P
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Maybe the sql server asks for a diiferent port?

try setting an alias using cliconfg, (start run), tab alias, define servername + then define servername + port.

GJ
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Does it come back after a time?

Do you have any other SQL setup other than a default instance

JesusWept
Level 3

Yup, if it just hangs there and not coming back, it usually means theres a communication error, either it can't ping the server, or like Liam said, you're not specifying the right instance, or it isn't accepting remote connections etc

you could possibly dtrace the configuration wizard and see what its doing when its attempting to connect or may be look at the app logs to see if theres anything on the windows side thats failing out also

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If this is a fresh install of SQL and EV you might want to check on your SQL to ensure that you have the TCP/IP Client Protocol because if i remember correctly it is disabled by default in SQL 2005.

Earlier versions of SQL used to auto enable TCP/IP and Named Pipes but 2005 no longer does this

Without at least one of theses active you have no way to remotely communicate with you SQL database

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Maybe the sql server asks for a diiferent port?

try setting an alias using cliconfg, (start run), tab alias, define servername + then define servername + port.

GJ
Regards. Gertjan

Celtic
Level 5
Partner
Thanks guys for all your input. It turned out to be a permssions issue on SQL. It wasnt an new install of SQL so there was some permission customization done at the site. The strange thing is that the deployment scanner noted that all permissions were correct, so needed to doubly check.
Thanks for input
P