Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Archival solution

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Dear Team ,

We are going for implementing mixed environment of Excahnge 2007 and 2010 . Arround 5000 users will be configured on exchange 2007 and 200 users will be configured on 2010 server . Going further we are also looking for Archival solution symantec evault expecting high level design how this can be implemented and can we go ahead . Do this will have any impact in future . Do Symantec evault will compatible on this mixed environment solution . Please suggest and provide better idea and solution .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes EV (Enterprise Vault) will work in an Exchange 2007 and 2010 environment with no problem.

You should reach out to a symantec partner in you area to assist you with the overal Solution Design for EV in your environment.

http://partnerlocator.symantec.com/public/search/

Regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

TonySterling

Yes EV (Enterprise Vault) will work in an Exchange 2007 and 2010 environment with no problem.

You should reach out to a symantec partner in you area to assist you with the overal Solution Design for EV in your environment.

http://partnerlocator.symantec.com/public/search/

Regards,

Tony

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you reached out to your local Symantec team yet? they're usualy more than happy to introduce you to a partner in your area. i'd be happy to help as well if you want to send me a private message.

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Please tell me how do my client connect to Archival server . Do they use Mapi or SMTP .

please reply

TonySterling

not sure what you are asking when you say "how do my client connect"... If you are asking how EV archives from Exchange, it is via Mapi.  If you are asking how the end users accesses their archived items, EV can leave shortcuts in the the mailbox or the end user can access archived items via Virtual Vault, which looks and acts like a PST, or via a web search page.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

outlook clients require the EV addin to be installed. different versions of windows and mac are supported. check out the compatibility guide for more info on that. as far as how they connect, it depends on the versions but it's either DCOM or HTTP

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Dear Team ,

Can i get any official PPT for symantec evault which give KT for Architecture and features for 10.0 version .

Need urgent for my client

GertjanA

Hello Zubair,

Please be advised (from experience) that Enterprise Vault is NOT a programm that is an 'out of the box' application. It requires lots of design and configuring during install/test/poc phase.

I strongly recommend to contact symantec to get you an experienced consultant to help getting you this prospect. (this is my opinion at least)

As for the ppt, why not check www.enterprisevault.com, there you should be able to find some information. If you are a registered partner, you can find information at the partner site.

Regards. Gertjan

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Hi Tony ,

In mixed environment like what we are planing to implement . Do i need two different Archival solution or just one will support for 2007 and 2010 both .

Raritan
Level 4
Partner

Team ,

one quick question all the mails are getting converted into SQL database in that all the attachments are also moving into the same database instance when it transfer to SQL . how is that please reply .

GertjanA

Hi,

Closed questions are not looked at...

For your question. Ev stores information about the LOCATION of the item in SQL. The item and attachment itself are stored in EV format on seperate storage.

Items are not stored in SQL itself, this would cause enormous databases....

Regards. Gertjan