cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Vault Add-in

mechanix4488
Not applicable

Just a helpful FYI that I found.  I am running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit with Office 2013 installed.  I installed Office 2010 then upgraded to make another program work, but I noticed that my Enterprise Vault add-in was not showing in my outlook.  After trolling the forums, I found a few references to Valkyrie.dll.  I searched my C: drive for that particular .dll file and found many results, but only 1 with that exact name.  If you run that file using c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe it will register that .dll file.  You will see all of the results disappear from the search and when you restart outlook, the add-in will be there and be working correctly.  Hope this helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For what its worth, if you run C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\ResetEVClient.exe , this will achieve the same result as well.... also I've seen where the mapisvc.ini gets updated for outlook too, removing the EVMSP reference needed for Virtual Vault and Vault Cache to work correctly, EVResetClient.exe also resolves this issue too

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for sharing with the community !

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the trick .... smiley

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For what its worth, if you run C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient\ResetEVClient.exe , this will achieve the same result as well.... also I've seen where the mapisvc.ini gets updated for outlook too, removing the EVMSP reference needed for Virtual Vault and Vault Cache to work correctly, EVResetClient.exe also resolves this issue too

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

STHN
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Was it a 64 bit Version of Office 2013?

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It could be usefull in some cases...

Jomy
Level 5
Partner Accredited

by registering Valkyrie.dll ..worked for me..

It was not working even after upgrade to 10.0.3

Thanks..

anianku
Level 1

Hi ,

I have office 2013 and used resetEVClient tried all options but the attachments within the mails placed in enterprise vault are not visible . Please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks in Advance !

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

anianku,

please open a new discussion.

Regards. Gertjan