cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Vault - Error "You do not have access to this vault"

johnsonio
Level 3

My environment is Exchange 2010 SP1, EV 9.0, my PC XP and using outlook 2007 without install EV outlook addin, when I open my own mailbox account, everything is working fine, but if I open another mailbox with my domain account, when I click "View the original item", it will show "You do not have access to this vault" in IE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
In the Enterprise vault Console check if the your account has permission on the other mailbox archive .

Also Check the policy setting in Ev for "allow scripts in shared folder" should be set to enable

Check the following in outlook.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook

2. Click on "Tools" | "Options" | "Other" | "Advanced Options"

3. Place a check mark in the "Allow scripts in shared folders" box

4. Click "OK" twice

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

johnsonio
Level 3

Thanks for you informatoin and let me explain my case:

On my EV environment, Exchange mailbox policy setting as attached file, it is using "Customize" on Shortcut body, and will show a link to the archived item and attachment

On my PC, I have two exchange mailbox accounts, one is A mailbox, and the other is B mailbox, as we know, there should also have domain A & B account, my case is, when I use A domain account to open mailbox A, everyting is working fine, but if i open mailbox B, all the link of attachment and view original item will bring me to the error page and said "You do not have access to this vault"

I think this should be the premission issue, because when I try to open the item of mailbox B, it will use damain account A's username and password to try to open the item, of course it will fail for the security issue, so, can we have some configuration in EV to prompt me to input the username and password?

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
In the Enterprise vault Console check if the your account has permission on the other mailbox archive .

Also Check the policy setting in Ev for "allow scripts in shared folder" should be set to enable

Check the following in outlook.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook

2. Click on "Tools" | "Options" | "Other" | "Advanced Options"

3. Place a check mark in the "Allow scripts in shared folders" box

4. Click "OK" twice

johnsonio
Level 3

Thanks, it work after add the permission to relate mailbox in EV console

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Could you please mark the post as resolved !! Cheers!!