cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Vault Questions

Serks
Not applicable

Hi All,

My company requires a simple software archiving solution which will move files/folders older than X days to another location (different server, NAS, etc..) and leaves shortcut in the original location. I have already tried two products (Microsoft File Management Task and TreeSize Pro) but I am having the same issue with both. The issue is with the shortcut side of things where the shortcut works when I locally logon to the server. But when I have a mapped drive and try to run the shortcut, I receive an error message stating the path was not found.
My question is will I have these issues with Symantec Enterprise Vault? Is there a way I can get my hands on a demo or trial of the product?
What are the licensing options? Has anyone used the product how I intend to use it and can they provide some feedback to me?

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can, all of the above. where are you located? do you have a symantec partner you work with already?

View solution in original post

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Serks as Andrew mentioned EV File Archiving will accomplish exactly what you need. But its prudent to work with a Symantec partner who is certified in EV to assist you around design and implementation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can, all of the above. where are you located? do you have a symantec partner you work with already?

Bruce_Cranksh1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Serks as Andrew mentioned EV File Archiving will accomplish exactly what you need. But its prudent to work with a Symantec partner who is certified in EV to assist you around design and implementation