cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Vault Storage Management for Microsoft Exchange Licensing

Muse123
Not applicable

Please can you let me know if a customer is allowed to have a mixed estate of Standard and Advanced versions of Symantec Enterprise Vault Storage Management for Microsoft Exchange ? Is there a requirement to have everything at the same edition? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Symantec did away with Std and Adv for Storage mgmt. They only have Std and Adv for the e-Discovery license. it's quite possible that a customer bought different sets of licenses in the past or over time if they didn't need the entire "Advanced" feature set for all their users. i dont see a problem with it per se. in any case, licensing can be tricky so best thing would be for you to work with your Symantec partner. if you dont have one, we can probably help too.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Symantec did away with Std and Adv for Storage mgmt. They only have Std and Adv for the e-Discovery license. it's quite possible that a customer bought different sets of licenses in the past or over time if they didn't need the entire "Advanced" feature set for all their users. i dont see a problem with it per se. in any case, licensing can be tricky so best thing would be for you to work with your Symantec partner. if you dont have one, we can probably help too.