cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symantec Enterprise Vault solution

vishal_nechclst
Level 4

Hi,

We are planning to use Enterprise Vault as archival solution with our existing storage server. As I understand from the Enterprise Vault manual.

1. Enterprise Vault have two software application.

1.1 Enterprise user application that configured on user machine to provide the authentictaion to the user, move data to the archival stoarge or move data from archival stoarge.

1.2  Enterprise server application is used to create policies, transfer data to the storage server.

For more detail please find the attached PPT.

Please correct me if my understanding is not right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're kind of on the right track.

But your diagram isn't / doesn't show things quite the right way.

You see the end user part, usually the Outlook Add-in, can be used to access, search and retrieve archived emails.  Also it can collect PST files and push them to the server, and it can allow end users to push data to the server.

There are no services on the client side.

On the server there are policies, and processes in place to handle archiving and retrieval. The server relies heavily on SQL. You should show that on the diagram. The server also creates indexes to archived content, you should consider showing that on your diagram.

Storage 'server' worries me a bit, because it can mean many things, and for EV it can just be a bunch of disks.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're kind of on the right track.

But your diagram isn't / doesn't show things quite the right way.

You see the end user part, usually the Outlook Add-in, can be used to access, search and retrieve archived emails.  Also it can collect PST files and push them to the server, and it can allow end users to push data to the server.

There are no services on the client side.

On the server there are policies, and processes in place to handle archiving and retrieval. The server relies heavily on SQL. You should show that on the diagram. The server also creates indexes to archived content, you should consider showing that on your diagram.

Storage 'server' worries me a bit, because it can mean many things, and for EV it can just be a bunch of disks.

Working for cloudficient.com

vodafone_india
Level 3

Archiving is done from Exchange end, there is no user involvement while scheduled archival is run. Outlook add in can use for accessing the archival mails. Also user can restore or archive manually his live mailbox from his own outlook without any admin participation.