cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch - Post Migrations

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Hi

We are in the process of mailbox migations from Exchange 2007 - Exchange 2013. We are using EV 10.0.4 During the pilot migrations we have observed that post migrations we have to re-run the provisioning task and synch the mailboxes which are moved. Here is my question

During the Synchronization we get 2 options

- All mailboxes

- Selected mailboxes

I do not want to select all the mailboxes becuase it takes time.

If I go to "select mailboxes" then I need to go through the entire list one by one which have been migrated or I have do synch one by one by Display name or other paramenters.

Is there any better way to manage the synch rather than the scheduling it to run? I mean for the list of mailboxes can I run the Synch either through cmdlet or through SQL ?

Thanks in advance taking time to answer. Please let me know if I am not clear in askign the question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Synching all mailboxes shouldn't take more than a few minutes.  How long does it take you?

The short answer is no, there isn't a way to do this via SQL or other method.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Synching all mailboxes shouldn't take more than a few minutes.  How long does it take you?

The short answer is no, there isn't a way to do this via SQL or other method.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

another approach... what time does everyone come in to work? the archiving tasks have two time fields for scheduled syncs. how about setting one of them to 7am or something like that? if you have users in multiple time zones then set the other one to an hour before/after or whatever works for you. also, like tony said, it's a process that should only take a few minutes.