Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchnronization Error 3188, 3196 "Unspecified error [0x80004005]"

Fadi_Freij
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

I have a problem regarding Enterprise Vault 8 SP2, its a new installation, and every this was going fine, till i creat my first provisioning group, and add four mailboex, but when i synchnrnize i could't "mailboexes could't synchnronize"

When checking in Event viewer, i found error 3188, 3196, 

" Unspecified error [0x80004005]

/o=CapitalBank/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Filter on Exchange server MAIL-SERVER.\AgentExchSynch.cpp (CAgentExchSynch::ReadVaultPropertiesFromMailbox) [lines {2239,2246,2280}] built Jul 3 19:40:39 2009

I attached DTracde log for that problem

Did anybody face this issue before, if yes, please reply what steps should i take to solve this issue,

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fadi_Freij
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Dear JesusWept2,

Thank a lot for your support, and really thinks for your reply,

Actully this problem was solved yesterday,
Reason for this prolem was errors in customer Global Catalog server GC,  After Microsoft team fix GC issue in the customer side,
Then EV Synchnronization and Archiving for all mailboxes works fine, and till now I didnt get errors.- Thanks God

Note: I apply also  "Microsoft technote to apply a Specific Global Catalog Server. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319206 - How to configure Outlook to a specific global catalog server or to the closest global catalog server (How to set a specific global catalog server)"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fadi_Freij
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Any help please

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
by the looks of it, looks like an issue with the system mailbox or access to the exchange server.

can you do the following for us please

1. Run the deployment scanner and make sure it does not complain about Send / Receive Permissions
2. On the EV server, logged in as the EVadmin, create a profile to one of the users that is failing to enable
     - Can you log on to the account with out being prompted for username and password? (if it prompts, then you have permissions problems)
3. Can you make sure that the EV System Mailbox for that archiving task is located on that exchange server?
    - i.e. if you have mailserver1.mydomain.com, the ev sys mailbox must be hosted on that machine, not another exchange server
4. Try using a different mailbox as the system mailbox as a test
5. Try using a different retention category than the one you have selected to be the default

also what version of Exchange are you running against, and what version of outlook is installed on the server?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Fadi_Freij
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Dear JesusWept2,

Thank a lot for your support, and really thinks for your reply,

Actully this problem was solved yesterday,
Reason for this prolem was errors in customer Global Catalog server GC,  After Microsoft team fix GC issue in the customer side,
Then EV Synchnronization and Archiving for all mailboxes works fine, and till now I didnt get errors.- Thanks God

Note: I apply also  "Microsoft technote to apply a Specific Global Catalog Server. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319206 - How to configure Outlook to a specific global catalog server or to the closest global catalog server (How to set a specific global catalog server)"