Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize button missing

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Experts,

Some of my user having this kind of issue, their "synchronize button missing" from outlook .

after deploying the EV agent version 10.0.0, restart outlook, even did restart the computer . the result still the same. sorry, picture below is not the correct screenshot, i just want to show you the situation only, the yellow box is missing which is the synchronize button. i also press cntrl + alt and press on the icon, the reset cache is grey out.

thanks

hisyam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

Looks like the "Offline store required" setting is set to "Yes" in the Desktop policy, advanced tab, Vault Cache section, and this Outlook session is not using a Cache Mode connection to Exchange. As Vault Cache is not available then the sync button is not visible.

Could either change the policy or use cache mode in Outlook.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Just check the "Desktop Policy Settings" for the user. Check the "Synchronize Vault Cache" is Enabled and On Toolbar is also Enabled

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

but we deploy it using GPO for 14 people. only 1 machine got this problem. previously got one user having the same problem, but then i ask the user to reboot his machine, and then the button appear. i tried on this one machine, still the synchronize button is dissapear.

and fyi, i already check on the desktop policy ,the synchronize vault cache both was tick.

thanks

hisyam.

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Edited-moved trace to an attachment...

RichardG
Level 5
Employee

Looks like the "Offline store required" setting is set to "Yes" in the Desktop policy, advanced tab, Vault Cache section, and this Outlook session is not using a Cache Mode connection to Exchange. As Vault Cache is not available then the sync button is not visible.

Could either change the policy or use cache mode in Outlook.

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

yup the policy was set to yes on the desktop policy, and yes the outlook cache mode was not set. after i tick the cache mode and restart the outlook, the EV add-in tab is missing.

hisyamIZ
Level 3
Partner Accredited

after restart the machine a few times. the synchronize button appear already.

thanks guys!

regards,

hisyam