cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP ports

Michael_Tham
Level 4

Hi, I know the TCP ports used by EV are as follows..

port 80/443, 135, 1825.

But during 'Store in Vault' and 'Restore from Vault' operations, there are another 2 ports which are used. And it seems that these 2 ports changes everytime the EV server is restarted. This caused a problem on the ports restriction on our firewall to control remote access via SSLVPN and also Cisco VPN.

Can I know how to set these 2 ports to be permanent, and not change when the EV server is restarted?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Tham
Level 4

Hi, thank you. Have PM you. Cheers...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Michael_Tham
Level 4
Anyone accessing EV over SSLVPN or Cisco VPN?

Michael_Tham
Level 4
I guess the way to fix the 2 ports is very similar to how we can fix the ports on Exchange 2003.

beta_dodo
Level 4
Employee

Hi

EV is using DCOM to do this and I believe there are registry keys you can use to control the ports used.

Not sure if the EV docs cover this but I seem to remember Microsoft docs on the subject.

Michael_Tham
Level 4
Hi, thanks. Does anyone know where are the registry key(s)? I can't find it any where and it is not stated on the admin guide.

Steve_C_Blair
Level 4
Employee

There are a wide-range of ports that are used in a network environment, but some are server <-> server (EV - Exchange - SQL) and others are client based.

The Admin guide has a list of th TCP ports EV typically uses -- have you had a chance to check that?

We have a paper on EV in Secure Networks, I'll see if we can quickly get it up to our Blog for all to review.

FYI, I use a Cisco VPN from my home in Sydney to our EV server in Reading UK just fine :)

Michael_Tham
Level 4

Thank you. can I have the URL of the Blog which you have mentioned?

Don't you restrict TCP ports on the firewall?

I still need to know and fix the ports on our firewall.

Steve_C_Blair
Level 4
Employee

Hi Michael,

I checked the STN Article repository on http://www.symantec.com/stn/articles/articleArchive.jsp and did not find the Best Practises paper on secure networks.

If you will PM me with your email address I'll send you a copy in the interim before we can get the paper republished.

Cheers,

Michael_Tham
Level 4

Hi, thank you. Have PM you. Cheers...

Holger_K
Level 0

Hi, i run into the same problem. If a VPN client tries to restore a mail from the fault radomly ports are used. So this is not a professional solution for a firewall protected network.

Is there a way to get these ports fixed ?

Please let me know.

Cheers

Holger

Michael_Tham
Level 4
Hi, take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/154596 and add 3 registry keys to fix RPC ports on your EV server.