cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk about a fast expiry run!

Vikes_2
Level 6
Hey everyone,
I had an expiry run yesterday and was quite shocked to see the report, I am guessing that I really did not get the performance that it is showing. I am going to set up a dtrace for the next run since I had no errors and this is the only info available.  I know that the normal expected expiry is 100-200,000 items per hour so when I saw almost 4 million in 5 minutes knew something was up. We have EV 2007 sp2 on W2K3 std X64 sp2 and are using SAN storage. The indexes are all healthy and no errors anywhere about this. Has anyone seen this before? I am still working on confirming what if anything was actually expired.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Storage Delete
Event ID: 6613
Date: 5/6/2009
Time: 9:05:08 AM
User: N/A
Computer: EV1
Description:
Storage Expiry Report (Report Mode)

Vault Store Name: VAULTSTOREV1
Vault Store Id: 1D716E58BD2744640BBBF4F280EC0AA811210000EVP.

Number of vaults processed: 1
Number of vaults enabled for expiry: 1
Total number of expired items: 3990453

Items have expired with the following retention categories:
Journaling Retention - 90 Days (90 days) : 3990453 items.

No items have expired with the following retention categories:
Public (999999 years). Filesystem Retention - 5 Years (5 years). test 11 yr (11 years). PST Retention - Default (90 days). Personal (5 years). Filesystem Retention - 6 Years (6 years). Filesystem Retention - 10 Years (10 years). Filesystem Retention - 4 Years (4 years). Case 1508 (999999 years). Filesystem Retention - 3 Years (3 years). Filesystem Retention - 2 Years (2 years). Filesystem Retention - Forever (999999 years). Filesystem Retention - 7 Years (7 years). Filesystem Retention - 8 Years (8 years). Case 1508 old (999999 years). Filesystem Retention - 9 Years (9 years).

Expiry based on sent/received date

Start Time: 5/6/2009 9:00 AM
End Time: 5/6/2009 9:05 AM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hey mate,

Sure that's not just the Report Mode talking?  :)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hey mate,

Sure that's not just the Report Mode talking?  :)

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Yep that's report mode only - at least you know your EV databases and SQL server are relatively healthy :)

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Vikes,

When you actually run the expiry it will take much longer.

In report mode I deleted 1.5 million items in 2 hours. In the actual delete it took 8 hours

Vikes_2
Level 6
SO,,,,
Have you guys ever walked around the house looking for your keys only to notice you have them in your hand??  That is pretty much how I feel now.  hahahaha I cannot believe that I did not see that.
Sorry!! :)
And thanks
Travis

Woodhead
Level 3
We have expiry running in report mode.
However, I only got a  6613 event for public folder, not for either journal archive.

Any ideas?