Task Controller service stops

3 EV servers 7.5 SP 5
2 of them have this problem when we start Archiving task after few minutes it logs this event and task controller stops.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Archive Task
Event ID: 6197
Date: 6/16/2009
Time: 6:33:40 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Removed
Description:
Error occurred when sending a message
There are insufficient resources to perform this operation. [0xc00e0027]

These servers are only doing archiving no storage and Indexing.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

That's definitely a size

That's definitely a size issue.
Have you tried to restart the server? Maybe there is something stuck.

You could also try to increase the MSMQ size slightly, you do this on the properties of the main "Message Queuing" node in Computer Manager.

Cheers

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Do you also see Event

Do you also see Event ID 3249?

If you have had to purge MSMQ you may need to purge the MSMQ>System Queue>ransactional dead-letter queue as they will build up here and MSMQ will be over it's size limit.

If you don't see that error then check the following technote.
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292506.htm

No 3249

Tony,

I am not getting 3249 and I dont have anything in system queue. I have already added the registy keys and rebooted the server. It worked for little while but the moment I started Archiving the task controller stopped.

Thanks,

Hmm, can you verify the size

Hmm, can you verify the size of MSMQ just to be safe.  Typically I have seen 0xc00e0027 in relation to it.

Please also see this article

Please also see this article i wrote Smiley Wink

Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ) issues?

--wayne

25000+ messages in Outgoing Queue

Hi Wayne,

Unable to accces the article..

I noticed that there are 25000+ messages in Outgoing queue for Storage Archive (going to server which has storage) and state is showing as "waiting to connect" they are not processing looks like they are stuck.

Any way of forcing these messages?
Accepted Solution!

That's definitely a size

That's definitely a size issue.
Have you tried to restart the server? Maybe there is something stuck.

You could also try to increase the MSMQ size slightly, you do this on the properties of the main "Message Queuing" node in Computer Manager.

Cheers

I would do this 1. Stop all your ev services 2. Restart msmq on your server that has the storage service and then restart ev 3. Restart msmq on the other EV servers 4. Restart the ev services on those servers

I have increased the size and

I have increased the size and after that Task controller service is running. I have stopped Archiving task so it would not process any more messages but these messages are stuck in outgoing queue.

I am going to try what Tony suggested...

Still 25000+ items

Tony,

I tried what you mentioned in your last post but still those messages are not going anywhere

Outgoing: Direct=osxxxxxxxxxxprivate$\Enterprise Vault Storage Archive...... "Waiting to connect"