cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech note query

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Could someone please confirm the following tech note still applies to EV8 sp5 and all versions of ev9?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH135794

Preferably a SYMC bod, I have checked the release notes and upgrade docs from 8SP5 onwards and I can't see it, but that doesn't make me right.

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

The technote appears to refer to a configuration which is specific to the device rather than being an EV/Celera interaction specific issue. I would recommend checking with EMC support to see if the issue has been rectified in a software update for the NAS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

The technote appears to refer to a configuration which is specific to the device rather than being an EV/Celera interaction specific issue. I would recommend checking with EMC support to see if the issue has been rectified in a software update for the NAS

Rob_Brenner
Level 5
Employee

I agree with Nick White's point.

Although the Article only refers to EV versions 8.0.x, as Nick pointed out this is an issue which we are unable to control from an application code perspective. The Article is still applicable to latest / current versions of EV, therefore the recommendation to disable IP Reflect or contact EMC still applies.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Whilst I see your points, and I am on your side.... EMC say speak to SYMC, SYMC say speak to EMC and so we go on to ad nauseaum sad