cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Enterprise Vault Storage Service service could not be stopped.

vinoth_SR
Level 2

Hi all,

We have scheduled a job to run on every thursday to restart EV services

Enterprise vault task controller service,

Enterprise vault storage service

Enterprise vault directory service,

Enterprise vault indexing service,

Enterprise vault Admin service,

This scheduled job will first stop the services and then it will start the services.

While stopping the task from "Task controller to Admin service", I am getting error in Storage service while stopping  as "The Enterprise Vault Storage Service service could not be stopped".

But while i monitoring event in server the "Enterprise vault storage" service was stopped successfully but in log file am getting this error message. could you please assist me to solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So I think what is happening is that Storage and Indexing are taking a bit longer to stop than expected.  You could adjust your script to execute the stop command twice and then issue the start command.  So you would have 3 scripts:

04:00 Stop command
04:10 Stop command
04:15 Start command

I would recommend getting upgraded to EV 11.01 when you can.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

if you restart the admin service it will take care of the rest in the right order for you

TonySterling

If the Storage services times out while stopping I believe it will stop everything else.  You should look at why the Storage service is so busy during this time.  You could add some sleeps to the script to give Storage more time to complete it's process.

My question is why you feel it is necessary to restart the services?  What version of EV?

vinoth_SR
Level 2

Hell Tony,

• We currently using EV 10.0 version, we are facing ODBC connection issue in EV server because of that GS process was getting 272 event so every thursday before start of the day we manually restart the EV Admin service in EV server, then we planned to run a automatic script to restart the service.
  • This process will resolve the odbc connection this is the reason we trying to restart all EV service.

Now what is the main problem is while the script is running, all EV services are stopped successfully but in log file we getting a message as "Storage service" and "Indexing service" could not stopped.

While i am checking server performance manually while script is running, the Storage service and Indexing service was stopped successfully.

My question is "Even is stopped successfully" why we receiving could not be stopped successfully message, is there anything running at background while stopping the services?

And i have tried by using sleep command too but no use.

Please assist me tony....

Thanks in Advance.

for your refrence i have attached the script.

Kabir_m
Level 2
Partner

My suggestion is to restart SEV services when the environment is in backup mode so that none of the SEV processes are running in the background and SEV services will restart easily.

TonySterling

So I think what is happening is that Storage and Indexing are taking a bit longer to stop than expected.  You could adjust your script to execute the stop command twice and then issue the start command.  So you would have 3 scripts:

04:00 Stop command
04:10 Stop command
04:15 Start command

I would recommend getting upgraded to EV 11.01 when you can.