cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The SQL database for Vault Store 'Mail Journal Archiving' has not been backed up for 4 days

jmanini
Level 4

Our EV Administrator has left and we are just trying to figure out the status alerts we see each day. I re-ran the checks this morning and I received the status above for a couple of DB's. I agree witht the status since we do full backups only on the weekends and cumulative incrementals each day uring the week with the EV agent of Symantec's. I'm thinking since the archive bit is not turned off after each cumilative backup it see it as nt being backed up untilk the next full happens whereas the alert goes away. Any Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

its actually the SQL database, so its running a DBCC check to see the last time that the SQL Databases were backed up and what not, if you have a SQL DBA its best to talk to them to find out how the maintainance jobs are run and what the backup situation is like there

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

its actually the SQL database, so its running a DBCC check to see the last time that the SQL Databases were backed up and what not, if you have a SQL DBA its best to talk to them to find out how the maintainance jobs are run and what the backup situation is like there

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It is a monitoring setting. Check on the site. Rightclick sitename, properties, monitoring.

There are settings like:

Directory Database backup x days.

Thsi monitors when the last FULL backup has been done. So, if you make a full only once a week (ie every 7 days), set this value to 8 days. This means that if you make a full, EV checks if the last full backup of the sql database is <8 days. If your full then fails, you will see the next day the warning. Then you need to worry :)

I believe this monitoring will be changed soon, so it also checks for succesfull incrementals, but for now do the above.

Regards. Gertjan