Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There was an error loading this item - Error - 1073471288

Fernando_Filipe
Level 3

Hi,

I am having some issues with a handful of users. This is the scenarion:

Two Exchange organisations, and two enterprise vault environments. Users have been migrated accross from one environment to another. Almost all users have worked except for a few. Im not 100% sure the process that was followed as it was done by another tech.

Whey they try to open an achived item, it just displays the shortcut item and says at the top of the email:

There was an error loading this item -- some functionality may not be available

If I click on that banner i get:

An internal error occured on the web server.
Error - 1073471288   19/09/2011 12:58:24PM

If I drag this item out of outlook and onto the desktop it opens perfectly fine.

We are running EV 9.0.0.193
Outlook 2007/2010
Exchange 2010 on Windows 2008R2 64bit

I have done a client trace but there is a lot of information. A line that stands out to me is:
19/09/2011 04:08:46.037[25916]: Downloading: (null)/download.asp?VaultID=1605C86561339834C8A5725868EEC04E31110000evsite&SaveSetID=201012220000000~201011240529010000~Z~50C1679FFB5C10BFE5C6C2D8F366E541&FormatType=Unicode&Client=EV9.0.1.1073-Outlook12&Format=MUD&AttachmentID=0

We did have some issues with the hidden mail message with the vault configurations and users get NULL for the web path etc, but disabling and renabling it.

Another symptom is that the archive explorer is empty even though when running reporting on the vault store the users have items in their malbox.

I have check that there are no failed indexes as well.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Fernando

ADDED: I have also checked the IIS logs for the connecting user and I have not bee able to see any errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like a big issue, the technote says to call support.  I would quote this technote when you open your case, TECH161506.

Problem

Attempting to retrieve an archived item from the associated shortcut within Outlook fails.  When clicking on the banner, it will show the error shown below.  The item may not be retrievable from the web interfaces either.

Error

Error -1073471288

Cause

This error is generated when the folder from which the item was originally archived no longer exists in the Root table of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

Solution

Please contact Enterprise Vault Technical Support to resolve this issue, as it will require some manipulation of the affected shortcut and the Vault Store database.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161506

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Looks like a big issue, the technote says to call support.  I would quote this technote when you open your case, TECH161506.

Problem

Attempting to retrieve an archived item from the associated shortcut within Outlook fails.  When clicking on the banner, it will show the error shown below.  The item may not be retrievable from the web interfaces either.

Error

Error -1073471288

Cause

This error is generated when the folder from which the item was originally archived no longer exists in the Root table of the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

Solution

Please contact Enterprise Vault Technical Support to resolve this issue, as it will require some manipulation of the affected shortcut and the Vault Store database.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH161506

Fernando_Filipe
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

I am pretty sure it is getting confused between which EV server to look, I just dont know how to reset that.

Will keep looking into it.