cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Gap in Journal Archive Search Results

ChelanCoPUD
Level 4

Hey All,

When searching the Journal Archive, there is a gap in results between 9/18/2019 and 4/13/2020. If I do a search for an email that is received daily, I can see the gap in the archive. 

If you were faced with this issue, how would you start troubleshooting it? Support suggested we rebuild the index which we are doing now, just looking for other thoughts or ideas to investigate!

Vault 12.0
exchange 2013

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Personally I would query the DB to see if you see the same gap in it. I would look to see if your index has missing items. I also assume sent date and not archived date. Could be you stopped archiving for some reason(s). I think initial likely explanations may be something like: - an index volume containing that time period is in a failed status - The items are stored but not indexed - The storage of the items has been compromised and the items were re-indexed - There was nothing archived or sent during that period - gremlins. Those are some initial thoughts within the past couple of minutes....... I would really consider the last.

Prone2Typos
most likely is failed index volume IMHO.

Thanks! I will report back if the rebuild fixed the issue - good idea to search the DB  (do you know if there is a guide somewhere on searching from the SQL side?). I think absolute worst case we could do some sort of re-ingest from the mailstores through the journal.

Prone2Typos
For me it is kinda like I tell my kid when asking if I can put her up in a tree... With learning how to climb it you learn the responsibility of it. Good news... you can verify using this tool: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021675

GertjanA

Did you check the Journal Mailboxes? Especially the subfolders underneath Enterprise Vault Journaling (Failed to copy/Failed to store)? If you search only the gap (better yet, 1 day in the gap) do you get results at all? Or are you simply missing that daily mail? If you miss the daily mail, check the source also. Perhaps that did not send for a while.

Regards. Gertjan

Prone2Typos
Yes... this first and too.