cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransVault and EV9.0.4 - performance

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

We're migrating personal archives from a static EV9.0.4 environment into Exchange 2013 using TransVault 8.0.4.13. Up to 2 months ago we had reasonable performance. In the last two months numerous Exchange servers have been added, to balance the mailboxes around. There have been no changes to the EV/TransVault/EV and TV SQL servers. Searching the forum leads to this entry:

https://vox.veritas.com/t5/Enterprise-Vault/Bad-performance-Transvault-with-Enterprise-Vault/m-p/686...

The user who created this entry confirmed that in EV11 the performance issue is resolved.

Does anyone know (and yes, I realize EV9 is out of support already, but upgrading is not really an option at the moment) if this issue is indeed related to Global Catalog traffic, and if a registrykey (closestgc?) might help? Does anyone (from VRTS hopefully) can confirm this issue also existed in 9.0.4 API? Any other tips or hints for improving performance are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

GJ

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan,

I compared the code from 9.0.4 (your system) and 10.0.4 (Calli-TK's system from the other thread) to that of 11.0.1, based on the change that Paul Honey referenced in the other thread. Both the 9.0.4 and 10.0.4 versions are identical in functionality; both are missing the caching behavior that was introduced in 11.0.0 CHF1; both will query AD for every item, introducing performance problems if AD is not very responsive.

Aside from the obvious answer (upgrade!) which you said is not feasible, the only thing you can do is try to make the AD infrastructure more responsive. Since it's a GC query we're talking about, implementing Closest GC or DS Server to force EV to use a specific GC with known fast responses might be helpful. I'd say to open a case but, you know, 9.0.4...

--Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan,

I compared the code from 9.0.4 (your system) and 10.0.4 (Calli-TK's system from the other thread) to that of 11.0.1, based on the change that Paul Honey referenced in the other thread. Both the 9.0.4 and 10.0.4 versions are identical in functionality; both are missing the caching behavior that was introduced in 11.0.0 CHF1; both will query AD for every item, introducing performance problems if AD is not very responsive.

Aside from the obvious answer (upgrade!) which you said is not feasible, the only thing you can do is try to make the AD infrastructure more responsive. Since it's a GC query we're talking about, implementing Closest GC or DS Server to force EV to use a specific GC with known fast responses might be helpful. I'd say to open a case but, you know, 9.0.4...

--Chris

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks for checking Chris, much appreciated!

Regards. Gertjan