cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Troubleshooting FSA reporting

Eugene_Tang
Level 3

All,

My company recently upgrade to Enterprise Vault 9.0.1. I'm currently researching some problems we're having with FSA Reporting.

I'm unable to run a reporting scan on our target file servers. I get an error when trying to enable data collection:

Enterprise Vault cannot change this setting now because it cannot determine the FSA Reporting Scan status.

Try again later.

I went through the Troubleshooting FSA Reporting document and things appear normal. There's a series of steps that involve looking at one of the SQL tables (FileServerConfiguration) and this table appears to be empty in our installation. The explanation given in the document is that the FSA Agent and Enterprise Vault Reporting are incompatible with FSA Reporting. Based on the technote for THAT problem, it looks like our versions are compatible. The troubleshooting document goes on to say that "another issue must have caused the database problem" if the versions are compatible.

Using DTrace to help is going to provide limited utility since one of the steps in using DTrace is to run a reporting scan. The option to run a reporting scan is grayed out on our targets.

Thoughts?

0 REPLIES 0