Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UEV10 deployment scanner showing wrong number of CPUs

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi

the EV10 deployment scanner is showing the wrong number of CPUs - our EVserver is virtual and has 4 CPUs configured and these show within Windows

the deployment scanner for EV10 shows 1 core and 2 processors !!

however the EV9 deployment scanner shows the 4 CPUs as expected

i havent ran the EV10 installer yet so dont know if it will progress ?!

has anyone ever come across this ?

its ESX 4 and EV 10.0.2

7 REPLIES 7

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

It works fine for me . May be some issue with Vm configuration.Can you try again ?

adebola24
Level 5
Partner Accredited

hi we have just uninstalled EV 10.0.2 deployment scanner and installed EV 10.0.1 to test and it gave the same result

within VCenter the guest has the 4 CPUs, Windows and Belarc all confirm the 4 CPUs

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Do you have hyperthreading enabled?

This would show extra processors in task manager, but msinfo32 will show the actual number of cores and logical cores

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

btw, ESX 4.0 is NOT on the compatibility list for EV10.0.2.

ESX 4.1 and 5.0 only

greeno2001
Level 2

No hyperthreading is enabled. With regard to the support, I believe this is because ESX4.0 only supports 2008r2 as 'experimental'. We have quite a few 2008r2 servers running on esx 4.0 with no issues.

Msinfo32 shows 4 logical processors. It's just interesting as to where the deployment scanner is picking up this information.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You do realise that if the vendor doesn't support the OS in the environment you have chosen, that IF you do get problems, they're not likely to put alot of effort into help you (depending on the issue of course).  It is a risk.

Working for cloudficient.com

greeno2001
Level 2

Yes - thanks. We're aware of this. An upgrade is due very soon......... not soon enough though.