cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable search item in VV

Y1251
Level 4

Hi,

Please be inforemd that we have some user said that unable search item in VV and no result return. they also try to search using subject or mail content but also failed. may i know the step of configuretion for search function in VV?

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Virtual Vault view within Outlook connects to the Header Cache/MDC data (Vault Cache). By Default, Vault Cache data is located under %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\KVS\Enterprise Vault\.

It's possible there may be a Vault Cache or Outlook profile corruption leading to Virtual Vault/Vault Cache not working properly.

I suggest doing a reset of the Vault Cache: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100021202

--Virgil

Hi Virgil,

Thanks for your reply, since we have 3 archive policy and the Vault Cache location are different.

for simple way, can i check the client and confirm the location of Vault Cache as below?

02/06/2020 09:08:39.084[27000][H]: CONTENT:STORE: [Offline Config] Root Directory: C:\EVCache\ryan.ng\

thankx

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Ryan,

You can also find the configured Vault Cache location within the Exchange Desktop policy, Advanced tab.

--Virgil