cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Archive Exchange Mailbox

Elio_C
Level 6

I was having trouble archiving content from an Exchange 2010 mailbox using EV9. To troubleshoot I used a "Run Now" job but nothing happened.

Watching the message queue I briefly saw an entry added to the A3 queue but it disappeared immediately. No events recorded in the event log.

I started a DTrace of the ArchiveTask and re-ran the "Run Now" job and the below entries were logged:

80    12:23:58.014     [3136]    (ArchiveTask)    <9648>    EV:L    {HrMAPIOpenMsgStoreKvs:#50} Opened msg store [0x8004011d]
81    12:23:58.014     [3136]    (ArchiveTask)    <9648>    EV:H    :CArchivingAgent::ProcessUser() |Attempt to open the users message store resulted in failure with error message = MAPI_E_FAILONEPROVIDER |This is because the mailbox does not exist. This often happens when processing utility accounts like site connectors, or when mailboxes have been deleted after a process mailbox message has been queued |
82    12:23:58.029     [3136]    (ArchiveTask)    <9648>    EV:L    :CArchivingAgent::ProcessUser() |Return the MAPI session to the session pool |
83    12:23:58.029     [3136]    (ArchiveTask)    <9648>    EV:H    :CArchivingAgent::ProcessUser() |Exiting routine |
84    12:23:58.029     [3136]    (ArchiveTask)    <9648>    EV:H    {CArchivingAgent::ProcessUserEx:#18985} It took [0.917972] seconds to process mailbox [LegacyExchangeDN].

Investigating the mailbox further and noticed it had a failed mailbox move request status. I removed the move request and now the mailbox content is being archived.

Not sure I understand why a failed move mailbox request causes archiving issues, the mailbox was available throughout.

Any insight or further information is welcome.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks for the responses.

Turns out the mailbox had over 10,000 folders (why???). The colleague was having lots of Outlook issues and Exchange was having trouble moving it. Weird as there were no errors or anything to indicate mailbox or database problems.

Once I got the mailbox moved and working correctly, EV could archive the content again.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

A mailbox in transitition (being moved) is temporarily "suspended" from archive processing to prevent corruption of the data.  Even in a failed state it could be retried and thus is EV prevents itself from moving any data.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It sounds as though you have sorted it.  I would guess it has to do with the process of how the LegacyExchangeDN is updated during that process and EV couldn't locate the mailbox.

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks for the responses.

Turns out the mailbox had over 10,000 folders (why???). The colleague was having lots of Outlook issues and Exchange was having trouble moving it. Weird as there were no errors or anything to indicate mailbox or database problems.

Once I got the mailbox moved and working correctly, EV could archive the content again.