cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Search Employee-Type

Gerald_2
Level 4
We have started adding information into the EmployeeType attribute in Active Directory. I am trying to search this field in order to do a "Run Now" Archive. But is never returns any accounts. I have verified the attribute is populated on some accounts and can search it using the KVS Service account using a script. So I know its not a permissions problem.

Is the Employee-Type selection in a run now task maybe referring to a different attribute in Active directory?

Thanks,
Gerald
8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Gerald

What Version of EV are you running?
I'd suggest that you manually start the Provisioning Task, as this one will sync Accounts from AD with EV.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Dtrace the archive task and Sync about 10 users. (Do more than (5)). Post the results here.

Try to make sure the environment is quiet so braking out the processes is not difficult.

When you sync with AD the ExchangeMailbox Entry table is populated with data. This table is in the EV directory database on the SQL server. You may want to inspect that table and see if that provides you any useful information.

Jim S.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
One more thing

The DTrace should return the GC that you are connecting to.

Jim S.

Gerald_2
Level 4
Running EV 7 SP1.  Have run the provisioning task several times and synced the accounts. Still no luck. I will check the SQL Table. If that doesn't help, i'll try a Dtrace and a specific account that I know should show up.

Thanks

Gerald_2
Level 4

SQL Table is not populated with any data in the EmployeeType column. Any ideas on why it’s not populating?

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Well that is why the GUI is blank.

Lets Dtrace a Sync. You may have to Sync more that (5) users.

You should notice that the Sync will bind to the GC. I would like to see if it attempts to look for that AD object value.

I do not have a system available to me at this time or I would run the Dtrace.

Jim S.  

Gerald_2
Level 4
I did a dtrace on the archivetask. I don't see where is tries to connect to a GC. I also don't see any errors in the dtrace

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Gerald,

Dtrace and Sync all users. If you do not Sync more that (5) users I noticed that EV does not seem to queue and I do not notice the archive task Dtracing anything.

Jim S.