cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Search - Vault 11.0.1 and Exchange 2010/2013

tc2002
Level 2

Hi,

I have a co-existing Exchange 2010/2013 environment and one Enterprise Vault v11 server. I used this article to successfuly set up archiving between my two environments: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48928

I moved 5 user mailboxes to the 2013 server and everything seems fine on the Vault server.

My concern is that I'm unable to find new archived items for these migrated mailboxes using the EV Search via IE (http://vault1.domain.com/EnterpriseVault/search.asp). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tc2002
Level 2

Well, I figured the journal/search problems.

I didn't have journaling enabled for all 3 of my exchange2013 databases. I enabled it and now I'm able to seach with no issues. D'oh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

so if you look in the mailboxes do you see that items have been archived and replaced with shortcuts per your mailbox policy? if you look at the archiving reports do they say that items have been archived each night?

if yes to the above, did you grant the EV service account read access to those archives?

tc2002
Level 2

Hi Andrew,

Yes, the accounts see archived mail along with shortcuts. When I go into Vault Information > Hidden Message > Mailbox Server > I see the new exchange server listed.

I just noticed I'm now getting this error:

41289 It is more than 1 days since the journal mailbox 'Journal2' was scanned for items to archive.

Last scan: 3/3/2015 2:06 PM

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

this would be unrelated to your user issue since it's journal 

tc2002
Level 2

Well, I figured the journal/search problems.

I didn't have journaling enabled for all 3 of my exchange2013 databases. I enabled it and now I'm able to seach with no issues. D'oh.