cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to ZAP the Archive || EVPM

PRADiiP
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I am trying to Zap one of the Archive folowing the article - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000028255

However I keep getting the below error:

Line number in error: 3
Section in error: Directory
Attribute in error: Sitename
Value in error: SITENAME
Error parsing the config (.ini) file

I tired adding the FQDN and when I will ping (SITENAME or SITENAME.DOMAIN.COM) it it will resolve to the Direcotry server.

Also I tried to add the Domain name to Append DNS Suffixes - Note there was no entry in it so I just added but did not help

I tried to give the space in each lines and then started getting below error:

Line number in error: 5
Section in error: Directory
Attribute in error: Sitename
Value in error: SITENAME
Error parsing the config (.ini) file

I have veryfied the Mailbox DN name and its correct one,

Any help would be highly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Did you save the INI file as Unicode? (file save as, somewhere at the bottom).

Can you share the exact content of the (first part of)  INI file (you can change the names if you want, to anonymize).

Regards. Gertjan

Hello Gertjan,

Thanks for the response, I have attached the file here, due to security concers I have removed the actul enviroment information.

GertjanA

Hello,

I have the below:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName = hostname.domain.com
Sitename = sitename

[ArchivePermissions]
ArchiveName = archiveid
ZAP = true

The DirectorycomputerName is the HOST name, not the alias. Sitename (in my situation is word_word, so no spaces in the name. If you have spaces, I believe you need to use single quote, like 'site name'. to be sure, you can get the sitename from the directory database. (select SiteName from SiteEntry)

I use the archive-id (found from the properties of the archive, tab advanced)

again, make sure to save the ini file as UNICODE

Regards. Gertjan

Hello Gertajn,

Thanks for your prompt respons and assiatnce, its wokring fine, however after Zapping it I cant see that archive listed when trying to run the mannaul run now.

Also I can synchronize this Arhcive but when I am trying to go for disable enable its not getting listed also Tried to run the provisioning Task.

Any Idea?

GertjanA

Hello Pradip,

Don't mix terms :-). You sync a mailbox. You enable a mailbox for archiving.

Try the below:

First, On the Directory database: select MbxDisplayName, MbxExchangeState from ExchangeMailboxEntry where MbxDisplayName = 'mailbox displayname for archive you are trying to get going again' If that shows, and the MbxExchangeState is not 0, run below.(in the where statement, change the mbxexchangestate = '2' to the valye shown in above query obviously) 2 = hidden mailbox. Running the below query will temporarily unhide it, allowing you to sync it again. After provisioning runs, the mailbox will be hidden again.

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry
SET MbxExchangeState = '0'
WHERE (MbxExchangeState = '2')
and (MbxDisplayName = 'mailbox displayname for archive you are trying to get going again')

When done, go to

Regards. Gertjan