Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access archived items

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

I have a strange issue with my users. We are unable to access their archived items via the shortcut but we can restore and archive items. Also, we cannot sync their virtual vault.

Currently running EV 11 and we have installed the EV 11 and 12 clients on the desktops.

Client logs:{VaultCoCreateInstanceEx} Attempt [3] to create COM object failed. CLSID [{957FF4B4-162B-4708-843A-0134868699B4}] Server Name [XXX] Elapsed [0.001s] Result [Access is denied.  (0x80070005)]

No errors in the event log.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi  All, 

OK, so this was a strange one. We ran through a whole lot of hotfixes etc and didn't get anywhere, but we noticed that on the end users computers they had duplicate Microsoft KB installed for office. We then uninstalled one of the duplicates and as soon as that was done everything worked. 

As I said very strange.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rob,

Might be due to Outlook security patches.

See KBArticle for possible solution.

Regards. Gertjan

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thanks, GertjanA, 

I will give it a try. All I know is that Microsoft updates are causing the majority of my headaches at the moment. 

Side Note is there a forum subscription or email that goes out when Veritas has problems like these? 

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Unfiortunately not. You have the KBSite, but that only shows issues related to EV itself.

Sorting the list of KB articles on Last Modified shows some of the latest issues reported, but as far as I know there is no specific 'alert article'.

Regards. Gertjan

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All, sorry for the late reply but it still a problem. 

Getting Dcom Storage access denied errors as well

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi  All, 

OK, so this was a strange one. We ran through a whole lot of hotfixes etc and didn't get anywhere, but we noticed that on the end users computers they had duplicate Microsoft KB installed for office. We then uninstalled one of the duplicates and as soon as that was done everything worked. 

As I said very strange.