cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to archive one mailbox in Enterprise Vault 11.0.1

paulcoyne
Level 3

We have a mailbox that used to archive but now only says "Partially processed: pass limit reached" on the archive report.

The mailbox is enabled and not hidden, and it has been moved to a new database on Exchange.

It is in the correct Enterprise Vault Exchange Policy and has been zapped.

The ContinueOnMissingItemErrors register setting on the EV server has been added, the Exchange Mailbox policy pending shortcut Timeout value has been changed to 0, the task controller service has been stopped and queues purged.

I have been working with Veritas on this issue and they say that it is fixed in Version 12 but we are not moving to that yet. Has anyone else ran across this issue in Version 11.0.1?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry about the delay but with support from Veritas we got the users mailbox archiving by doing the following.

Copied the Exchange mailbox policy and changed the "Set failed messages 'Do Not Archive'" setting to On.

Applied this policy to the user.

Done a "Run Now" on the archiving task and selected the user’s mailbox and most importantly "Archive all items".

This then ran for a couple of days and basically ignored any corrupt mailbox items.

We then put the user back into the original Exchange mailbox policy and the task started to archive emails.

We just need to remove any corrupt emails and everything will be good.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Titoine31
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

In the Archiving Taks Reports, how many pass EV made regarding this BAL (with option "More detail", it's the last column) ?

And in the properties of your Archiving Task, in the "Settings" tab how many items by pass is configured ?

Regards,

Antoine

Hello,

13 passes were made on the mailbox. We may have changed that setting at some point during the troubleshooting.

The Maximum number of items per target per pass is 1000.

Thanks for the quick response.

Paul

GertjanA

Hi,

how many items in the mailbox are eligible for archiving? Should also be in the report. It might be there are so many items, that EV cannot complete the runs.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

There are 149856 future eligble items in the mailbox.

Regards.

Paul

GertjanA

Then it makes sense for the issue.
You see several passes done, each archived 1000 items.
If the mailbox has 149.000 items, and EV makes 13 passes, 13.000 items are archived.
The 14th pass stops halfway, due to the schedule being reached or for other reasons.
This results in the Partially processed warning. There are still items eligible for archiving, but they have not been done during this run.

I think you can let archiving run, and eventually the archiving task will catch up.

I assume you archive during the night.
What you can do (provided you don't have backup mode set during the day) is to perform a
manual run on the task for this one mailbox. If I recall correct, if you rightclick the
task, click run now (or run manual) you should get the possibility to select which mailbox
Select that 1 mailbox, and run the task.

As soon as it finished, do it again. etc.

If you can do this during they day, you could also temporarily set the 'items to process' to
something like 5000. the task will then run for a longer time, but do more items. don't forget to set it back to 1000 when the task runs scheduled.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi Gertjan,

Thanks for the detailed response but the “Items archived” is showing as 0 when it runs on schedule and when I run it manually.

Regards.

Paul

GertjanA

A small but significant detail.

As there are a lot of passes on the mailbox, but 0 items archived, there most likely is on issue with that mailbox. You described what has been done, can you confirm the order? My advise would be:

Disable mailbox for archiving, Zap mailbox, Move mailbox to another Mailbox Database, Enable Mailbox (map to existing archive), Sync Mailbox, archive mailbox.

Regards. Gertjan

I do not remember disabling the mailbox at the start of the process so it could be worth another try.

It’s a lot of data to move so it will take some time I will let you know how I get on.

Regards.

Paul

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

Hi,

another problem I have faced is when mailbox quotas where somehow already reached.

If you have quotas set for the mailbox make sure you increase it or set it to unlimited aslong as archiving does not work.

Sorry about the delay but with support from Veritas we got the users mailbox archiving by doing the following.

Copied the Exchange mailbox policy and changed the "Set failed messages 'Do Not Archive'" setting to On.

Applied this policy to the user.

Done a "Run Now" on the archiving task and selected the user’s mailbox and most importantly "Archive all items".

This then ran for a couple of days and basically ignored any corrupt mailbox items.

We then put the user back into the original Exchange mailbox policy and the task started to archive emails.

We just need to remove any corrupt emails and everything will be good.