cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup Vault Store Database

siddiqir
Level 4

I am having problem backing up "Vault Store DB (SQLServer/EVExchangeVaultStore)" after Enterprise Vault migration to new server. Everything seems to be working fine. I can backup other EV things but cannnot back Vault Store DB. I only migrated to new server. The EV version did not change.

EV 9.0.4

Windows 2008 R2

Backup Exec 2010 R3

SQL 2008 R2

Any input?

24 REPLIES 24

siddiqir
Level 4

When run from  C:\windows\SysWOW64 every thing looks fine. It did show new SQL server.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I would suggest running deployment scanner on the EV server and let us know what it reports

siddiqir
Level 4

I got following two warnings

>>>

MSMQ Configuration
Back To Top Warning
 Either MSMQ is installed with Active Directory Integration or some storage directories are on a system drive. It is recommended that the MSMQ storage directories are located on a non system drive.

MSMQ is installed without Active Directory integration.
 The following Storage directory is on a system drive. StoreJournalPath: C:\Windows\System32\msmq\storage
 The following Storage directory is on a system drive. StoreLogPath: C:\Windows\System32\msmq\storage
 The following Storage directory is on a system drive. StorePersistentPath: C:\Windows\System32\msmq\storage
 The following Storage directory is on a system drive. StoreReliablePath: C:\Windows\System32\msmq\storage
 The following Storage directory is on a system drive. StoreXactLogPath: C:\Windows\System32\msmq\storage

<<<

SQL Server Permissions
Back To Top Warning
 Enterprise Vault requires database creator or higher permissions on SQL Server.

SQLServer: The user domain\evservice has database creator permissions.
SQLServer: The user domain\evservice has VIEW SERVER STATE permission.
SQLServer: The user domain\evservice has ALTER ANY LOGIN permission.
 SQLServer: SQLXML is not installed. Enterprise Vault requires SQLXML 4.0 or greater. Without this FSA Reporting cannot be configured.

>>>

Thank you

siddiqir
Level 4

Little progress. I uninstalled the EV agent from old EV server and now the error has changed when I try to backup. So, it sounds like backup media server still pointing to old EV server and we know there is no EV services running.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yea we talked about removing the computers from BE a couple days ago. sounds like you're on the right track.