Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to clear backup mode - Event ID 7082

Siraj
Level 3
Running 8.0 SP4.  It seems to match this article:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/350641.htm

I have one Default Upgrade Group and 1 Vault store with 20 partitions.  Sharing is enabled within this group.  I'm not able to clear the backup mode as it throws an error with event id 7082.  From this article, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to clear the backup mode. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Siraj,

Do what the tech-note suggests:
  1. Create a new Vault Store Group
  2. Move the Vault Stores maintained from each Enterprise Vault server into the appropriate Vault Store Group
  3. Change backup mode procedures within your environment to set and clear backup mode for each Vault Store Group on a per-server basis

Let us know the outcome of that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Siraj,

Do what the tech-note suggests:
  1. Create a new Vault Store Group
  2. Move the Vault Stores maintained from each Enterprise Vault server into the appropriate Vault Store Group
  3. Change backup mode procedures within your environment to set and clear backup mode for each Vault Store Group on a per-server basis

Let us know the outcome of that.

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Though this technote may be a fix, just trying to get more insight into it. How are you clearing backmode? From GUI or powershell cmds?
try this if not already tried from .bazt script:

C:\........\powershell.exe -PSConsole "Path to Enterprise Vault Install Folder\EVshell.psc1" Clear-VaultStoreBackupMode EVSITENAME EVJOURNAL1 Site
C:\........powershell.exe -PSConsole "Path to Enterprise Vault Install Folder\EVshell.psc1" Clear-IndexLocationBackupMode EVSERVERNAME -EVSiteName EVSITENAME
*** Put correct values for items in bold.