cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Vault on OSX 10.6.3

alogic
Level 4
Hi Everyone,
We're currently running MS Exchange 2007 while trying to implement Enterprise vault Sp3 to work with Mac OSX. Our desktop users are on
• mac os x 10.6.3
• Entourage: 13.0.3

After installing the plugin, start up Entourage, everything looks fine, no errors until we try to archive an item. We get this error:

Error: ""unable to get folder properties for the selected Items."" The mail client may be in offline mode or the network connection may be unavailable.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this and found  a solution?
Thanks for your help.
-S
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Both that OS and Entourage Client are currently Pending certification.  Can you try on a configuration that is certified?

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

Both that OS and Entourage version are currently Pending certification so not guaranteed to work.  EV 8 sp 4 will be out later this month I believe and "might" support that config but I am not sure. 

alogic
Level 4

Thanks Tony,
Just upgraded to SP4 yesterday. Will let everyone know what the results are next week.
cheers,
-S

rasobey
Level 5
I'm shocked you even managed to get that far. I have to keep my Mac running 10.5.7 - any attempts to upgrade to 10.6.x result in the Entourage plugin failing to connect to EV. It's driving me mad.

As far as I know, too, SP4 compatibility guide still lists 10.6 as "Pending" support :(

alogic
Level 4

Unfortunately we don't have much of a choice as most of our Mac users are on 10.6.x and Safari 4.x.
Hopefully we don't have to downgrade. :\
Well, we're still in the process of implimenting the solution atm without much success. Seems like every turn, we face a new obstacle. Thankfully this forum & their Engineers are very helpful.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/340277.htm

In this article it mentions "When reviewing the EV client log, it may be observed that the Request URL is not a valid URL.".
Just curious how can I access this log in Entourage? or are they refering to the server side logs?

pdungev
Level 2

Hi Everyone,
We're currently running MS Exchange 2007with  Enterprise vault 8 Sp3 to work with Mac OSX.
• mac os x 10.6.3
• Entourage: 13.0.3

When I want to  click on the email to archive,  it's do nothing. what do I need to config on the EV server?

Thanks

TonySterling

Both that OS and Entourage Client are currently Pending certification.  Can you try on a configuration that is certified?

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/276547.pdf