cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete Index location

Cdee
Level 6

Hi Folks,

I am trying to delete index location which i had created for testing purpose now i want to delete the index location from the Indexing service --> Index location.

I have deleted index data from the local drive but when i am trying to remove it from the Indexing Service --> Index location.

When i am trying to do the same i get the below error attached please advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Like Chris said, it could be that there are archives still associated with the Indexing.
You can run the following Query against the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database to see whats going on.
Once you find the archive, you can either delete it, or you can go to the properties of the archive and make a note of each of the index locations, then move it to a new location and then update the location through the archive properties.

IF there are no archives associated with it, you should check the IndexRootPathEntry table for the index itself, and see what the value of IndexRootPathCanDelete, if it's set to 0, then it means it cannot be deleted, you would have to switch it to one, reload the vac and attempt to delete it again.

If this *still* doesn't work, you can attempt to delete the row manually through SQL, if there are any entries in the Index Volume table that depend on that existing (a constraint) then it will not delete at all and give you an error instead.

Here is the SQL Query

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT A.ArchiveName, 
       CE.ComputerName, 
       (IRP.IndexRootPath + '\' + IV.FolderName) "Index Path"
FROM   Archive A,
       Root R,
       IndexVolume IV,
       IndexRootPathEntry IRP,
       IndexingServiceEntry ISE,
       ComputerEntry CE
WHERE  IV.RootIdentity = R.RootIdentity
  AND  R.RootIdentity = A.RootIdentity
  AND  IV.IndexRootPathEntryId = IRP.IndexRootPathEntryId
  AND  IRP.IndexServiceEntryId = ISE.ServiceEntryId
  AND  ISE.ComputerEntryId = CE.ComputerEntryId
  AND  IRP.IndexRootPath = 'E:\EV Indexes\Indexes1'
  AND  CE.ComputerName = 'evserver.enterprise.vault'
ORDER BY CE.ComputerName, A.ArchiveName
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you have any archives still there that were using this test index?  If so, I would recommend exporting these, and delete the original archives. I think you still have archives associated with it, even though they may not be archiving anymore.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Like Chris said, it could be that there are archives still associated with the Indexing.
You can run the following Query against the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database to see whats going on.
Once you find the archive, you can either delete it, or you can go to the properties of the archive and make a note of each of the index locations, then move it to a new location and then update the location through the archive properties.

IF there are no archives associated with it, you should check the IndexRootPathEntry table for the index itself, and see what the value of IndexRootPathCanDelete, if it's set to 0, then it means it cannot be deleted, you would have to switch it to one, reload the vac and attempt to delete it again.

If this *still* doesn't work, you can attempt to delete the row manually through SQL, if there are any entries in the Index Volume table that depend on that existing (a constraint) then it will not delete at all and give you an error instead.

Here is the SQL Query

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT A.ArchiveName, 
       CE.ComputerName, 
       (IRP.IndexRootPath + '\' + IV.FolderName) "Index Path"
FROM   Archive A,
       Root R,
       IndexVolume IV,
       IndexRootPathEntry IRP,
       IndexingServiceEntry ISE,
       ComputerEntry CE
WHERE  IV.RootIdentity = R.RootIdentity
  AND  R.RootIdentity = A.RootIdentity
  AND  IV.IndexRootPathEntryId = IRP.IndexRootPathEntryId
  AND  IRP.IndexServiceEntryId = ISE.ServiceEntryId
  AND  ISE.ComputerEntryId = CE.ComputerEntryId
ORDER BY CE.ComputerName, A.ArchiveName
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Cdee
Level 6

Chris & Jesus it worked with the above steps delted the entry from table itself. Thanks a ton guys!!!

Dear,

I am new to EV and would like to know whether do we need to edit the below two lines and enter the Index location and server name of our EV environment or just run the query as is...