cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete the archived item, Access is denied, after upgrading to EV 9 SP3

SamChougule
Level 4

Greeting" Just upgrade from EV8.2 to EV9.3, everything work except deletion of archived items, cant delete either newly archived items or older items.

Verified the site settings, mailbox / desktop policy, retention categories....

Anybody experienced this after the upgrade ?

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SamChougule
Level 4

enabled outlook logging , hold shift+ctrl and click any ev icon, will give you option to enable detail logging

saw this is the log Deleteo2k returned with error: 243.

Found Article: TECH75432

When attempting to delete an item from Outlook, Outlook may temporarily hang and report the error message, "Unable to delete the archived item, access is denied."

did a iisreset , wait for few minutes, then yahoooooo , i could delete items

Thanks JesusWept2 for your kind attention.

I am glad I can enjoy the rest of the weekend and not have to spend time with symantec support :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Check to see if the Vault Stores are in read only mode through the Vault Admin Console

other than that, what kind of storage are you using for the vault store partitions?
Check on the EV Servers event logs as well for anything from the Archiving task or from Storage Archive to see if there are any errors or warnings

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

SamChougule
Level 4

Vault Stores are not read only. Is there any changes in EV9 deletion method, till last night i was able to delete.

I will check the event logs ,

SamChougule
Level 4

enabled outlook logging , hold shift+ctrl and click any ev icon, will give you option to enable detail logging

saw this is the log Deleteo2k returned with error: 243.

Found Article: TECH75432

When attempting to delete an item from Outlook, Outlook may temporarily hang and report the error message, "Unable to delete the archived item, access is denied."

did a iisreset , wait for few minutes, then yahoooooo , i could delete items

Thanks JesusWept2 for your kind attention.

I am glad I can enjoy the rest of the weekend and not have to spend time with symantec support :)