cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to determine if the Enterprise Vault Directory Service exists when running the Enterprise Vault Configuration Wizard

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

Hi All,

i am installing EV and configure EV 11.0.1 HA using VCS 6.1, i reached the phase that i need to configure Enterprise vault using configuration wizard but i am getting the below error:

Unable to determine if the Enterprise Vault Directory Service exists

The RPC server is unavailable 

Enterprise server version: 11.0.1

i already tried many solution on https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000005684 but also check the DNS  but without any result

kinldy your advice

BR,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Idriss,

Have you tried running the EV Configuration Wizard from the other node?

If problem persists, try unintalling the EV binaries, restart the server, then install it again.

--Virgil

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

it's been a while since i did this but iirc, there's an EV installer and config specific for VCS. make sure that's the one your running. if this is the first EV server you're installing, you need to create a new directory. the error you're getting sounds like you're trying to join it to an existing directory.

what are you trying to do and what do you mean you checked DNS without any result?

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

Hi Andrew,

i am running the EV configuration wizard from VCS solution Configuration Center, once i run it i got the error, it dont give me the option to create new one.

is there a way to check it a directoy and to remove it.

after many search for this error it targeted me to the DNS and DNS entry i check the DNS every thing look fine,

VirgilDobos

Hi Idriss,

Have you tried running the EV Configuration Wizard from the other node?

If problem persists, try unintalling the EV binaries, restart the server, then install it again.

--Virgil

Idriss_Ali
Level 4
Partner

Hi Virgil,

i tried from the other node but the same issu, after I unistalled the EV abd install it again it solved the problem.

thanks,

VirgilDobos

Most welcome, glad it helped.

--Virgil