cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enable mailbox for Archiving

asoyletir
Level 2

Hi,

We have Enterprise Vault 9.0 for Exchange installed on Windows Server 2008 R2. When we try to enable an acoount, we get the error below. We tried this for another acount and we have the same result. What can be the problem, what is the way ı have to follow to be able to pass this error? Thanks

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Agent Client Broker
Event ID: 3196
Date: 
Time: 
User:  N/A
Computer: <my server>

Description:

An non-specific error has occurred whilst enabling archiving for the mailbox /o=Domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=user87691172

Error: The parameter is incorrect.  [0x80070057]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

asoyletir
Level 2

Hi,

I solved my problem. By using the following link, I go to the users mailbox on exchange 2010 Management Console and opened the properties. In mailbox settings, I goto Storage Quotas properties. Under "Deleted Item retention", "Use mailbox database defaults" were selected. I unselected and Applied. Then I selected and reapplied it. After that, when I try to enable the mailbox for Archiving, It succesfully did it.

http://esd.element5.com/publisher/50364/proxy.cgi/62438//en/uk/enterprise/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48540&key=50996&actp=LIST

I hope this helps to people who has this problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

asoyletir
Level 2

Hi,

I solved my problem. By using the following link, I go to the users mailbox on exchange 2010 Management Console and opened the properties. In mailbox settings, I goto Storage Quotas properties. Under "Deleted Item retention", "Use mailbox database defaults" were selected. I unselected and Applied. Then I selected and reapplied it. After that, when I try to enable the mailbox for Archiving, It succesfully did it.

http://esd.element5.com/publisher/50364/proxy.cgi/62438//en/uk/enterprise/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48540&key=50996&actp=LIST

I hope this helps to people who has this problem.