cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to enable mailbox for archiving

portabletelly
Level 4
Hi guys Im having an issue with a client deployment I cannot enable anyones mailboxes for archiving.

Situation:

Exchagne 2003 Domain Controller

Evservices account: is a member of builtin administators and not domain administrators
evsvc1 exchagne permissions. Doesnt inherit andy send as recive as denies. Logged in as the service account I can successfully send email as another user
The vault sever is version 7.0

Ran delpoyment server no errors.

What has happened.

I got 1/2 way through a deployment 2 years ago and got taken off the project because of other issues. So Im just picking up the pieces from where I was two years ago.

The customer migrated from sql 2000 to 2005. I think I fixed all the sql perms up.

Event error logs when trying to enable a mailbox:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Agent Client Broker
Event ID: 8390
Date: 23/07/2009
Time: 1:11:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

General access denied error

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Enterprise Vault
Event Category: Agent Client Broker
Event ID: 3196
Date: 23/07/2009
Time: 1:11:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
An error has occured whilst synchronizing the properties of mail
Internal: .\AgentExchSynch.cpp (CAgentExchSynch::SynchronizeMailboxEntryEx2)box /o=T/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=Travel on Exchange server

Error: Access is denied. [0x80070005]
 [lines {759,844,848,863,881,892,914,915,925,929}] built Feb 22 02:41:23 2007

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.veritas.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Thanx in advance

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

maj_rif
Level 4
Hi,
the second error is related to the synchronization. Have you tried to run the Provisioning task in report mode? If there is any problem you will find the message of fatal error.

Regards/Majrif.

portabletelly
Level 4
To Paul,

I read through the article and I dont seem to have a problem with the vault service accout having permissions to send as or recive as on behalf of any users. as per this articlehttp://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/317286.htm.

To Maj.rif,

The provision taks of the mailboxes ran fine. EG i can selet the users to enable. I chose not to auto enable mailboxes.

The issue I have is when I select a user from the list to enable them it fails.

Regards,

Aaron

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Chcek you can get into the VAC ok and if you can re-enter the vault service account details see if that resolves it

portabletelly
Level 4
Ok a little more investigation showed a group policy was overwriting allow log in as a service and act as part of the os
This issue has been resolved and i am still not able to enable a mailbox however I am getting three new errors.

Storage online Event ID 6469
An exception has occurred.
(Internal referece CArchiveAssister/CA/ce

Category Agent Client Broker Event ID 3137
An error occured whilst creating a vault for /0=xxxxxx /ou=First Adminsitrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=xxxxx during an Enable MAilbox

Error: Catastophic failure 0x8000ffff

Storage online Event ID 8390

The Enterprise Vault Drictory connection object reported an error

General access denied error

portabletelly
Level 4
Hi Mike,

put in the service account details again didnt resolve it.

portabletelly
Level 4
A reboot of the EV Server resolved the issue in the end. Go figure!