cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to restore many items using EV Outlook Addin

Riya_Sarkar
Level 2

I restored a number of mails archived in the EV using the EV Outlook Addin. However, the mails were not restored, and have been in the same status for the last 1 week. When I open the mail, I get the status "The item is being restored by Enterprise Vault".

When I try to select the mail and click on the "Restore from Vault" icon, I get the message "Unable to restore because you have not selected any archived items. Select at least one archived item and try again".

Now apart from the mails which I had originally seleced for restore, if I try to restore any newly archived mail, it also goes into the same status. So, restore is basically stuck.

I have tried creating a new outlook profile and then trying to restore, but the result is the same as above. 

Request your urgent help here.

Regards,

Riya 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Riya_Sarkar
Level 2

Hello Gabe,

Thanks for your response. I've performed the "Cancel Operation" from outlook and have tried restoring a few items. It is working.

Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Riya_Sarkar
Level 2

P.S. i'm using Outlook 2007 & Windows Vista

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi RS,

Have you checked the event viewer in the Enterprise Vault server? Go ahead and perform a 'Cancel Operation' in Outlook and try to restore a few emails again. Then, take a look at the event viewer and see if you get any errors or warnings related to Storage Restore. That troubleshooting process might give you an idea of what is occurring in the Enterprise Vault server side. If you do not get any errors or warnings, then you might need to collect a dtrace and a client trace.

I hope this helps.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Riya,Could you please provide me more information about your environment :

1. Enterprise Vault Server Version :

2. Outlook on EV Server :

3. EV Outlook Add-Ins Version on Client Machine :

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi ,

Also check the Compatibility of components with Enterprise Vault Compatibility List.

Enterprise Vault Compatibility List
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think you're going to need to collect:

• Client log - at maximum logging
  • Dtrace of RetrievalTask and W3WP

It is expected behaviour to get the message saying you haven't selected any archived items if you select some items which are pending restore, and try to restore them again.

Working for cloudficient.com

Riya_Sarkar
Level 2

Hello Gabe,

Thanks for your response. I've performed the "Cancel Operation" from outlook and have tried restoring a few items. It is working.

Thanks for your help.