cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see Archived items in AE

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi I am having a wierd issue with Archive Explorer for a user in our client environment.

Issue: In outlook a user is able to see archived email shortcuts, but he is not able to see any email item in Archive Explorer. He is able to do a search and all items come up in search vault. 

Strange: When I try to look in the archive explorer on ev server, as I have given my self explicit grant permissions as well as he is too I am able to see all the emails.

Is there something which I can check for before going to the ultimate zapping scenario

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Issue Resolved 

Client was using internet Explorer 10 

And Compatibility View settings were not configured so thats why he was not able to see the content .

Thanks Andrew for your suggestions too. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Please Note:
⦁    The folder structure exists but no email items in them for the user
⦁    I explicitly granted permissions, synced but the problem is there.
⦁    Its with a specific user, this user also has other archives shared and the same is the case with them.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sounds like it might be the web browser caching the page and not refreshing. right click and refresh from within archive explorer. note that the page can be refreshed in multiple places so make sure to do it from the folder list on the left and also in the main reading pane to make sure all components are being refreshed.

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have looked up the article for that refresh solution but that was for all users having such an issue. The issue is limited to a single user.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

refreshing is a single user solution. try it and let me know.

Usman_Saeed
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Issue Resolved 

Client was using internet Explorer 10 

And Compatibility View settings were not configured so thats why he was not able to see the content .

Thanks Andrew for your suggestions too.