cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view archive item from OWA office mail app

pabbinedi
Level 4

Hi

When we are trying to view archive item through office mail app we are getting below error

"Failed to open item". However i've taken the fiddler traces below is the information i noticed . Please find the screen shot attached of error and Fiddler traces.

GET /EnterpriseVault/restoreo2k.asp?vaultid=121BDC6D21839C14E8E8310F3F4F7C9421110000evault&savesetid=201705296036082~201705290412090000~Z~3102C6A72AE0C45485167FDF49CABCF1&mbx=Exchange.Test@contoso.com&server=Exchange2016&restorelocation=3&foldername=[OWA2013_DELETED_ITEMS] HTTP/1.1

Also from the client trace error i noticed the below information

EVOMA (ERROR) 15:28:37.843: logAndReportFailure: ItemViewer._messageNotFoundInTime ID[ERROR_RESTORE_ITEM_NOTFOUND] Err[The attempt to retrieve the item for viewing timed out]
EVOMA (ERROR) 15:28:37.845: viewArchivedItem.fail()
EVOMA (ERROR) 15:28:37.848: displayFailureWithClearButton()
EVOMA (ERROR) 15:28:37.850: displayFailure()
EVOMA (ERROR) 15:28:37.852: displayMessage()
EVOMA (TRACE) 15:57:23.365: doClickHelp()
EVOMA (TRACE) 15:57:23.368: EVOMADisplayConsoleTrace()

Can someone suggest me on resolving this?

9 REPLIES 9

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate,

Can you confirm the user logged in OWA is the same as the user logged on the Windows machine?

I can see some authorization denied errors in the logs.

--Virgil

HI Virgil,

Yes user has logged in with his ID only. Also please find the attached client trace logs.

VirgilDobos
EVOMA (ERROR) 16:21:27.253: logAndReportFailure: ItemViewer._messageNotFoundInTime ID[ERROR_RESTORE_ITEM_NOTFOUND] Err[The attempt to retrieve the item for viewing timed out] 
EVOMA (ERROR) 16:21:27.257: viewArchivedItem.fail()

When viewing an archived email, the mail app temporally restores the item to a hidden area in the mailbox so that it can be displayed by OWA. When it does this restore, it uses the same restore mechanism that is used by the search.asp webapp which is different to the mechanism used when restoring using the Outlook add-in.

Can you try to see if the same user can restore emails to his mailbox using the EV search.asp webapp? This may help isolate the problem. 

--Virgil

VirgilDobos

To add, are the other buttons working?

--Virgil

Hi Virgil

Thanks for your response. When i try to restore the item from the search GUI. I am getting attached error

Hi Vrigil,

I can search and i can archive but not able to view it.

VirgilDobos

Hi mate, hmm, so this is where the problem lies. 

Please have a look at this article: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000024120

DTRACE on the RetrievalTask process should give us more clues.

--Virgil

Hi Virgil,

Thanks for quick reply. However as per article the issue was addressed in EV 11.0.1 and 12 version, we are running EV on latest version EV 12. The user with whom i am testing is unique user.

I will take DTrace , parallely i also tested to do force archive from OWA and i got the below error. Looks like i need to look in to EV Server

EVOMA (ERROR) 23:56:10.471: logAndReportFailure: ClientAction._onClientActionResponse ID[ERROR_EV_STATUSCODE_503] Err[Enterprise Vault cannot perform the requested action because a service is not running] [Client action response status code: 503]
EVOMA (TRACE) 23:56:10.473: doManualArchive.fail()

VirgilDobos

Yes indeed, check the Event viewer on the EV server.

If the issue is with all the users, do an IIS reset and restart of the EV services.

You may need to log a case with Veritas if the problem persists.

--Virgil