Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncheck Migrate from Migration tab on an Evault Partition

EVIsExciting
Level 3
Partner

Hi

I am trying to understand the effect of unticking "Migrate" check box on Migration tab on an open or closed EV Vault Store partition.

I couldn't find any thing mentioned in the documentation. All it says is the storage location cannot be changed. However it fails to explain what happens if you untick the "Migrate" checkbox.

I am in a scenario where the secondary disk has filled up due to poor monitoring by the client. We have now closed that partition and opened a new one and set it's migration location to a new secondary disk. But I do not want migration to continue for that partition as there is no disk space.

Can someone please confirm the effect of unticking "Migrate" checkbox configuration change?

Regards

Raj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No new cab files will be migrated if you uncheck that box:

1.  Turn off Migration on the partitions configured to migrate to secondary storage.  a) On the Migration Tab of each partition that is configured to migrate to secondary cloud storage uncheck the “Migrate Files” box (Figure 1) and click Apply.

Figure 1:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No new cab files will be migrated if you uncheck that box:

1.  Turn off Migration on the partitions configured to migrate to secondary storage.  a) On the Migration Tab of each partition that is configured to migrate to secondary cloud storage uncheck the “Migrate Files” box (Figure 1) and click Apply.

Figure 1: