cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding EV Reports

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I was trying to ascertain how many mail items are eligible for archiving by future archiving runs, using the existing policies we have employed.

The detailed Archived Mail Report (in EV 10) has a lot of information and I was after a little clarity what all the columns are used for.

For instance there is a Pending Items coloumn, which doesn't amount to much in numbers. But there is also a "Future Eligible Items" column and a "Too young" column.

Does anyone have a description of all of the columns and where the information originates? Ideally we'd be able to query the database tables directly, otherwise I'm looking at running powershell scripts against the exchange servers.

7 REPLIES 7

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

the info comes from the archiving tasks scanning the mailboxes and the items inside during your archive run. i dont have all the columns but here's what you asked:

pending items - emails which are in the process of being archived

too young - there's a setting called "never archive items younger than"

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The thinking where I am, from people in the know, is that we have been operating on a catchup for quite some time. And they wanted an idea of the extent of the backlog of unarchived mail. Is this something that is easy to determine.

AndrewB

you can do a run now on your mailbox archiving task(s) and select report. it should have a lot of useful information. in my engagements, we'd have an idea of the backlog from sizing and analysis done before the implementation and then we'd compare the vault store usage report to the backlog figures from the sizing work.

Sortid
Level 6

From memory, future eligible are the items that will archive within 7 days.

AndrewB

ravi, did you need anything else?

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I noticed that for a number of mailboxes the Future Elligible Items equals exactly what is in the Too young column. Is this correct behaviour?

AndrewB

'too young' to archive right now and 'future eligible'. sure, i can see how there would be overlap.