cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall Enterprise Vault

Michael_Wickstr
Level 2
Hello

Im about to uninstall Enterprise Vault from our systems. Before i do that i want to restore all files from the vault so that we dont have any placeholders left on the file servers.

Is there any way to do this automaticly? I have been looking around but cant find anything. I have tried to scan the directorys with our virus scan to restor the files from the vault but they dont get restored. Only way i have found is to open all the files manualy and that cant be the only way right?

Regards

Michael
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Well, I suppose the first question is why do you want to remove it?

But over and above that there is enough information in the online help that will tell you how to bypass recall limits for FSA. The other thing is that most good AV products these days will not recall Placeholders by default. You have to configure them to recall a placeholder (or reparse point) first. Assuming that you are using placeholders and not IE Shortcuts.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Tremaine
Level 6
Employee Certified
Well, I suppose the first question is why do you want to remove it?

But over and above that there is enough information in the online help that will tell you how to bypass recall limits for FSA. The other thing is that most good AV products these days will not recall Placeholders by default. You have to configure them to recall a placeholder (or reparse point) first. Assuming that you are using placeholders and not IE Shortcuts.

Cheers

Michael_Wickstr
Level 2
Hello, why we are uninstalling is that this wasent realy what we wanted. And we have only archived a few catalogs for test.

But still i cant find anything about this in the help.. We use placeholders. I will keep trying to find it but if someone wants to tell me it would help alot.

Regards

Michael