cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal link and permission issue

Masmit_999
Level 4
I'm hoping somebody can help.

We have a number of users that regularly use the "universal link" (blue one) even though I thought this was only for non-Windows clients.

To stop users from getting confused we turned off the "link" so the blue banner just states "This message has been archived".

However a new problem has now occurred where users who have permissions to other users archives can no longer open their colleagues archived messages as they only get the 100 character customised message appear.

The banner at the top of the message does state "this item has been archived. Click here to view the original" but when you click on it nothing happens.

I've checked the permissions on the archives and both users have the right permissions. Permissions are also working as users can archive and retrieve from their colleagues archive.

I have had to re-enable the link feature until we can sort this problem out so any help would be appreciated.

We are using Exchange 2007 SP1 (rollup 8), Enterprise Vault 2007 SP5 and Outlook 2003 SP3.

Thanks

Mark
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Mark

So your users have opened mailboxes in outlook from other colleagues and are trying to open items?

You sould then make sure you enable "Allow script in shared folders" in your advanced mailbox policy, and then sync mailboxes

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Sounds like your shortcuts maybe pointing to a location/server that does not exist anymore. Can you please switch on Maximum client logging reproduce the problem and post the log.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Mark

So your users have opened mailboxes in outlook from other colleagues and are trying to open items?

You sould then make sure you enable "Allow script in shared folders" in your advanced mailbox policy, and then sync mailboxes

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
I'm having a simlar issue.

Using EV8 and Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007

We have it setup for Shortcut Content of Customize to Include the banner and Link to archive. and Display attachment as Links

However when i click on the links it goes to start firefox and then prompts for a logon

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner
I found my own answer.  It was being cause by using firefox if i set my default browser back to internet explorer then the attachment opens without a problem

Masmit_999
Level 4
Michel,

Many thanks I  did enable the "allow script in shared folders", re-sync'ed and it's working great.

I'd have never found or thought of it so you have saved me a lot of time.

Mark