cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmatched default SQL collation:

John_Huber
Level 4

We are upgrading from EV 9.0.4 on server 2003 32-bit to EV 10.0.4 on server 2012 R2 64-bit.  We will be using the same SQL server 2008 R2.  In running the deployment scanner it came up with a mixed collation on the  EVDashboard Database.  I have come across a number of documents each with a different method.  Tech doc from Symantec TECH55063 I was given as a fix but it is only used to identify mixed collations.  Does anyone have some helpful information as to a method that will go through the database and change the collation on all the existing information to match the default collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

mixed collation 1_0.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

"EVDashboard" is not a default database of Enterprise Vault so you dont have to worry about it in terms of the deployment scanner.

View solution in original post

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

EVDashboard is a tool from JPRKnight.

It shows in the Deploymentscanner because the databasename starts with EV.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

"EVDashboard" is not a default database of Enterprise Vault so you dont have to worry about it in terms of the deployment scanner.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

EVDashboard is a tool from JPRKnight.

It shows in the Deploymentscanner because the databasename starts with EV.

Regards. Gertjan

FreKac2
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Unless it's a manually created secondary EV audit database that someone called EVDashboard :)

Probably not but I guess it's worth checking out.

John_Huber
Level 4

Thanks for that input, a great weight has just been lifted from me.  The procedure for change a DB collation has a lot of  steps.  The DB has been there ever since I can remember.   Do not know who installed it. Once again many thanks to all.