cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmatched default SQL collation:

We are upgrading from EV 9.0.4 on server 2003 32-bit to EV 10.0.4 on server 2012 R2 64-bit.  We will be using the same SQL server 2008 R2.  In running the deployment scanner it came up with a mixed collation on the  EVDashboard Database.  I have come across a number of documents each with a different method.  Tech doc from Symantec TECH55063 I was given as a fix but it is only used to identify mixed collations.  Does anyone have some helpful information as to a method that will go through the database and change the collation on all the existing information to match the default collation of SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

mixed collation 1_0.png

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

"EVDashboard" is not a

"EVDashboard" is not a default database of Enterprise Vault so you dont have to worry about it in terms of the deployment scanner.

View solution in original post

Accepted Solution!

EVDashboard is a tool from

EVDashboard is a tool from JPRKnight.

It shows in the Deploymentscanner because the databasename starts with EV.

Regards. Gertjan

4 Replies
Accepted Solution!

"EVDashboard" is not a

"EVDashboard" is not a default database of Enterprise Vault so you dont have to worry about it in terms of the deployment scanner.

Accepted Solution!

EVDashboard is a tool from

EVDashboard is a tool from JPRKnight.

It shows in the Deploymentscanner because the databasename starts with EV.

Regards. Gertjan

Unless it's a manually

Unless it's a manually created secondary EV audit database that someone called EVDashboard :)

Probably not but I guess it's worth checking out.

Thanks for that input, a

Thanks for that input, a great weight has just been lifted from me.  The procedure for change a DB collation has a lot of  steps.  The DB has been there ever since I can remember.   Do not know who installed it. Once again many thanks to all.