cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgade EV to version.

Y1251
Level 5

Hi,

Please be informed that we are using EV (File and Exchange archive)Version: 11.0.1.3706 and we are goint to upgrade to EV 12. May i know is it correct if I perform as below:

Upgrade EV from Version: 11.0.1.3706->12.0.0->12.2.3 (downlaod Veritas_Enterprise_Vault_12_2_3.zip then install)

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

That will not work. You should upgrade from 11.0.1 to 12.2.0, then upgrade the SQL databases. Once the databases are upgraded, you can apply the latest maintenance release which is 12.2.3.

12.2.3 is a maintenance release and so can only be applied after you have upgraded to 12.2. (12 = major release, 12.x = minor release, 12.x.y = maintenance release)

Just be aware that EV 12 requires Windows Server 2012, hence if you are running older OS version on the current EV version, you will have to migrate to a new server.

--Virgil

Hi Virgil,

Thanks, May i know where can I download the source of 12.2.0?

VirgilDobos

EV 12.2 from my.veritas.com, go to the Downloads page. You need a valid license.

EV 12.2.3 from https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100041232

--Virgil

Many Thanks Virgil, one more question, if our SQL server is running Win server 2012 R2 and sql management studio 2012.

May i know is it no action in SQL server during this upgrade?

Thnaks

VirgilDobos

You are welcome.

MS SQL 2012 is supported by EV 12, hence no need to upgrade unless you really want to.

--Virgil