cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SQL before upgrading EV to 11.0

Blackfoottech
Level 4

Hello,

I am currently working through upgrading EV from 10.0 to 11.0 in my test environment.  The current EV server is a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server with SQL 2005.  When I run the deployment scanner for EV 11.0 it fails on the version of SQL.

How do I upgrade SQL 2005 to SQL 2012 and convert the databases so I can move forward with my EV upgrade?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you can take a backup of your databases, install sql 2012 which will detect your old version and upgrade it, and it should preserve your databases. you can then change the configuration for each database to run in 2012 mode instead of 2005 mode.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

you can take a backup of your databases, install sql 2012 which will detect your old version and upgrade it, and it should preserve your databases. you can then change the configuration for each database to run in 2012 mode instead of 2005 mode.

Blackfoottech
Level 4

Thanks, Andrew.  How do I change the configuration for each database to run in a different mode?  Sorry, not a SQL person.

AndrewB

within sql management studio right click on each database, properties, options, compatibility level, and choose 2012 from the dropdown

Blackfoottech
Level 4

Thanks!