cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from 7.0 to latest

mouradb
Level 2

Hello all,
 I have some few questions that I would like to clarify before doing any work on this, I have been handed a project to do some upgrade of our vault and in the same time virtulise it as well.

I was wondering if there is a way we could install a fresh EV 8.0 sp3 and so a cold migration of the data from the 7 version?

Also, I would love to get soem info or links to docs to have some more infos about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

for the upgrade path you can go from 7.0 to 7.5 and then directly to 8.0 SP4 (when it is out), so no need to go to 8.0 SP1. If you are looking to upgrade Compliance Accelerator or Discovery Accelerator then please refer to the tables found here for the best upgrade path: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290680.htm

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I would recommend upgrading in it's present state then PtoV it over to the Virtual environment.

The Upgrade process will require at least two steps 7 - 7.5, 7.5 - 80 Sp1 finally 80.sp1 - 8.0 SP4 (sp 4 is expected to be released this week)

The upgrade steps are included in each install of EV and are easy enough to follow.

Going from PtoV is again an easy enough option by using the VMWare converter

The other option is to upgrade on the present hardware
Build a new Virtual environment and perform a Data Only DR to transfer it from the old hardware to the new virtual environment

I think upgrade then PtoV is the best way for you to go

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Hi,

for the upgrade path you can go from 7.0 to 7.5 and then directly to 8.0 SP4 (when it is out), so no need to go to 8.0 SP1. If you are looking to upgrade Compliance Accelerator or Discovery Accelerator then please refer to the tables found here for the best upgrade path: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/290680.htm

mouradb
Level 2

Great stuff and thanks for your help,