Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from EV 12.1.0 to 12.2.1 at least - Quick question

-S-
Level 3

Upgrade from EV 12.1.0 to 12.2.1 at least - Quick question

Hello,

As noted above I'm a few minor versions behind and then a few "dot" versions behind.

I'm still reading but have not found if the minor updates are Cumlative, can I go from 12.1.0 straight to 12.1.3 and then take the plunge into 12.2.1.

over time I'll get caught up  I swear <grin> but I have a specific issue that seems to be addresses in 12.2.1 or 12.2.3 both are listed now to figure out proper upgrade path's as you can see it's been a few years. 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

You'll have to go from 12.1 to 12.2, then go to 12.2.3 as far as I know.

There is a forum entry about this, see LINK 

What is noted here:

You cannot upgrade to a maintenance release (i.e., a triple-dot release like 12.4.2) from a previous minor version (i.e., double-dot release like 12.3). You can only reach 12.4.2 after you have already reached 12.4.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA

Hello,

You'll have to go from 12.1 to 12.2, then go to 12.2.3 as far as I know.

There is a forum entry about this, see LINK 

What is noted here:

You cannot upgrade to a maintenance release (i.e., a triple-dot release like 12.4.2) from a previous minor version (i.e., double-dot release like 12.3). You can only reach 12.4.2 after you have already reached 12.4.

Regards. Gertjan

Great thank you that is a step in the right direction. 

Take care, -S-

GertjanA

You're welcome.

Minors are cumulative btw. I believe it says so in the accompanying readme.txt (or update.pdf), but cannot check at the moment.

Regards. Gertjan

CConsult
Partner    VIP   

If I were you, I would take the chance to go the newest version 12.5, you can upgrade directly, and the issue (possibly some others aswell) would still be fixed, and you are a few month ahead when it comes to actuality.

Regards