cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from EV 9.0.2 to EV 10.0.4

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi

I'm looking to upgrade an environment from EV9.0.2 to EV10.0.4 (with further upgrades planned to later versions soon after).

Typically I would first upgrade to EV9.0.5 before upgrading to EV10.0.4  - as I've read somehwere that it's recommended to upgrade to the highest patched version of the current version before upgrading to the next major version.

However, downtime is at an absolute premium and upgrade to EV 9.0.5 and then to EV10.0.4 will pretty much need twice the amount of downtime.

Am I correct to be concerned in upgrading from EV9.0.2 to EV10.0.4 directly (without going to EV9.0.5 in between)? Or is this just a belt and braces option that's rarely adhered to?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hi,

You can upgrade to 10.0.4 directly. According to the upgrade instructions with 10.0.4:

You can upgrade directly from Enterprise Vault 9.0 or any Enterprise Vault 9.0 service pack.

No issue here.

Good luck!

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA

Hi,

You can upgrade to 10.0.4 directly. According to the upgrade instructions with 10.0.4:

You can upgrade directly from Enterprise Vault 9.0 or any Enterprise Vault 9.0 service pack.

No issue here.

Good luck!

Regards. Gertjan

CadenL

yep - all worked fine.

thanks